Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL) is a charity dedicated to improving lives in the Harborough District and the wider community of Leicestershire
• Support over 4,200 carers throughout Leicestershire
• Help young carers have a time and place to enjoy themselves and provide support
• Preventing isolated older people from living disconnected lives
• Help carers and older people become part of the digital world
• Recruit and train volunteers
We are adding to what we do all the time. If you think of something that you think needs doing, let us know
VASL are proud to be affiliated to Investing in Volunteers (IiV)
the UK quality standard for good practice in volunteer management.
By being part of IiV we are able to:
• Enhance our volunteers’ experience and increase their motivation
• Strengthen our reputation and encourage more people to volunteer
• Minimise risk, maintain knowledge, and plan for the future
VASL is registered with the Just Giving scheme. You can use this to make an online donation or even organise a fundraising event on our behalf or sponsor a fundraiser
£3 would cover the cost of a telephone befriender calling someone that needs to know there is someone out there for them
£20 could pay for a few sheets of music for the VASL Carers Choir
£300 could pay for a print run of our information leaflets
Watch Maggie Philbin talking about VASL and why she chose to be our Patron.
You can find out more about what we do to support communities in Harborough and Leicestershire here.
Watch our General Manager Maureen O’Malley talking about VASL and our future:
If you’re interested in working with us, Maureen would be happy to talk to you on 01858 439267 or drop her an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our work relies entirely on securing funding such as grants and in today’s tough economic climate we’re relying more than ever on donations and the generosity of people like you.
Some people leave us a donation in their Will, after providing for their loved ones. Their donations help us support vulnerable people throughout Leicestershire, as well as Harborough, so it’s a wonderful way to leave a lasting legacy.
Many thanks for your support.