Community Champions Communications
From time to time VASL features in various publications and on local radio and or tv programmes. Please take a look below for a few of these such items:-
Harborough Mail Article about the three year extension to our funding.
Appearances in the media
In November 2020 Roger one of our Community Champions volunteers was interviewed by BBC East Midlands about the impact of our project on loneliness. We are grateful to the BBC East Midlands for permission to share this interview.
In September 2020 Rohini was on BBC Radio Leicester talking about the Lottery Activity Bags – please click on the soundbite below to hear more.
BBC Radio Leicester interview with Client and Volunteer following 5 year funding award – please click on the soundbite below to hear more.
VASL Community Champions Impact Report
Harborough Mail VASL Blogs
The Harborough Mail prints a blog every fortnight which is written by someone with a connection with VASL, always with an interest in the community. Often people connected with our project contribute.
- Harborough Mail Learning Opportunities through Leics Adult Learning Services February 2022
- Harborough Mail Intergenerational relationships January 2022
- Harborough Mail Equality, diversity and inclusion December 2021
- Harborough Mail Digital Volunteers December 2021
- Harborough Mail Telephone Befriending November 2021
- Harborough Mail Leicestershire Befriending Network September 2021
- Harborough Mail Dementia Friends training August 21
- Harborough Mail – Poetry’s impact on a village May 21
- Harborough Mail– Digital Connections
- Harborough Mail – Skills Training, July 2020
- Harborough Mail – Impact on a Community 2020
- Harborough Mail Kindness stones
- Harborough Mail One of our volunteers talks about her assistance dog
Community Champions Calendar
The Community Champions project has produced a project calendar for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
These calendars tell the story of our project progress in the previous year. For each month there is a photo from a project event, a quote from a client, volunteer or partner and explanatory statement.
We distribute these to our project community (clients, volunteers and community partner organisations) as a useful tool , but also as a memory of the journey we have been on, and the fun and learning we have had on the way.
The current one illustrates our response to the pandemic.
The calendar is a visual celebration of our growing community.
It’s amazing where these calendars end up – we know one is hung at the Befriending Networks office in Edingburgh , another is at the National Lottery Community Fund office in Birmingham and one of our MPs takes one to London.
Contact Community Champions
Telephone 01858 439 262
Address: Community Champions, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL