Community Champions Communications
The page below gives examples of our appearances on broadcast media and in print. Also available are our Project Impact Reports and annual project calendar.
Appearances in the media
Harborough Mail Article about the three year extension to our funding.
Maureen was on Harborough FM talking about the need for more volunteers
We are very grateful to David, one of our Community Champions volunteers, who created this radio promo which he used on his show on Carillon Radio
In November 2020 Roger one of our Community Champions volunteers was interviewed by BBC East Midlands about the impact of our project on loneliness. We are grateful to the BBC East Midlands for permission to share this interview.
In the week before King Charles’ coronation, one of our clients Ken, was on BBC East Midlands sharing his memories of the Queen’s Coronation the clip was shared by Ivy Joy’s Vintage Tea Room.
VASL Community Champions Impact Report
Click here to read the Community Champions Impact Report 2022/23
Click to read Community Champions Year Five Impact Report 2022
Click on link to read Community Champions Impact Report 2020
“Brilliant impact report. It gives so much information in a concise manner. It is good to see the variety of interventions that you are making to help reduce loneliness. All of the feed back is incredibly positive and shows what a brilliant job you are all doing“Member of Steering Group 2023
Harborough Mail VASL Blogs
The Harborough Mail prints a blog every fortnight which is written by someone with a connection with VASL, always with an interest in the community. Often people connected with our project contribute.
- Harborough Mail Digital Conference
- Harborough Mail Digital Volunteers
- Harborough Mail Sleep and Wellbeing Session
- Harborough Mail Wombles!
Harborough Mail Self Care Session
Harborough Mail Next Steps
- Harborough Mail Human Library Wendy
- Harborough Mail Human Library Ann
- Harborough Mail Human Library Anthony
- Harborough Mail Human Library Ken
- Harborough Mail Human Library Anne
- Harborough Mail partnership with Welland Park Academy
Harborough Mail 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
- Harborough Mail Eco Cards
- Harborough Mail Twilight Games
- Harborough Mail Volunteering with Community Champions December 2022
- Harborough Mail Community Champions – digital volunteers
- Harborough Mail Community Champions Volunteering opportunities.
- Harborough Mail Community Champions 5 year celebration September 2022
- Harborough Mail Jubilee Workshops July 2022
- Harborough Mail Learning Opportunities through Leics Adult Learning Services February 2022
- Harborough Mail Intergenerational relationships January 2022
Harborough Mail Equality, diversity and inclusion December 2021
- Harborough Mail Digital Volunteers December 2021
- Harborough Mail Telephone Befriending November 2021
- Harborough Mail Leicestershire Befriending Network September 2021
- Harborough Mail Dementia Friends training August 21
- Harborough Mail– Digital Connections
Community Champions Calendar
The Community Champions project has produced a project calendar for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
These calendars tell the story of our project progress in the previous year. For each month there is a photo from a project event, a quote from a client, volunteer or partner and explanatory statement.
We distribute these to our project community (clients, volunteers and community partner organisations) as a useful tool , but also as a memory of the journey we have been on, and the fun and learning we have had on the way.
The current one illustrates our response to the pandemic.
The calendar is a visual celebration of our growing community.
It’s amazing where these calendars end up – we know one is hung at the Befriending Networks office in Edingburgh , another is at the National Lottery Community Fund office in Birmingham and one of our MPs has taken one to London.
Contact Community Champions
Available across Harborough District
Telephone 01858 439 262
Address: Community Champions, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL