Community Wellbeing Harborough
The Wellbeing Befriending Service has been renamed Community Wellbeing Harborough to better reflect the activities which we support.
We continue to aim to support anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the Harborough District with improving their wellbeing. Our trusted, trained volunteers provide support in various ways including weekly telephone befriending phone calls, and face to face support with accessing community services. `We hold monthly Wellbeing Workshops based on the 5 ways to wellbeing. These are approachable, relaxed sessions open to all abilities and ages`.
Who can access our service?
- Anyone who is 18+ living in the Harborough District who is experiencing mental wellbeing challenges and is ready to take active steps towards positive wellbeing.
We accept referrals from individuals, families, carers and professionals. If you would like support or to refer someone else and would like a chat first, please give us a call on 01858 456042.
Register or refer for our services here.
We are looking to expand our diverse team of valued volunteers and would like to hear from you if you are interested in supporting someone facing mental health challenges and / or isolation. We are led by you around how much time you have to commit; full training will be given. We have the following roles available:
- Group Support – welcoming people into the session, helping with refreshments and setting up/clearing away the session.
- Telephone Befriender – contact an individual each week over the phone aiming to create connections and raise awareness about resources and services that may help. Up to 12 weeks’ worth of calls.
- Co-Group Facilitator- welcoming people into the session, supporting staff member with delivery of wellbeing topic, having a key role in the planning of the session.
- Community Connector – meeting a client in the community and supporting them to access community resources, usually up to 3 sessions.
We hold regular volunteer training, wellbeing sessions and lots of support for volunteers.
“I have been a volunteer for well over a year and during this time I have supported several adults over the phone. Being there each week to listen without judgement can be very powerful. Volunteering with Wellbeing Befriending has given me a huge sense of purpose and been extremely rewarding. I can see how the phone calls have made a difference and that in itself makes me feel really good.”
– Wellbeing Befriending Volunteer
To find out more about volunteering with us please ring 01858 456042 or email email@example.com
Contact Community Wellbeing Harborough
Available across Harborough District
Telephone 01858 456 042
Address: Community Wellbeing Harborough, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL