Support for Carers Leicestershire
We describe a carer as someone who looks after a family member, friend or neighbour, with that person relying on their care. This can be full-time care to a few hours a week.
Although caring can be very rewarding, it may also be isolating, emotionally draining, financially debilitating and impact on your own health
To experience the stories of some of the people we support, please see our videos.
Our Support for Carers service helps people that care for adults (over age 18) across Leicestershire.
The service includes:
- a dedicated telephone advice and support line so you can talk to a team of experienced professionals in confidence about any aspect of being a carer
- assistance in completing the carers assessment
- information on carers’ support groups around the county
- an informative website and self-help videos
- advice on any aspect of the caring role, including financial and legal assistance
We also work closely with health professionals and social services to help people to identify themselves as carers and gain access to the support they need.
We are a charity and are independent. Your personal data and circumstances stay confidential unless you give us consent or if we have a legal duty to share that information.
More information on the services we offer to support carers is on our sister website: supportforcarers.org
Contact Support for Carers Leicestershire
Available across Leicestershire except Leicester City
Telephone 01858 468 543
Address: Support for Carers Leicestershire, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL