VASL Car Scheme
Our VASL Car Scheme provides transport for elderly, disabled or rurally isolated people who can’t use, or have no access to public transport.
If you don’t have a car of your own or have difficulty using public transport, the scheme could help you get to places such as the health centre, dentist, hairdressers, hospital appointments, the leisure centre or somewhere you’d like to visit. To use the car scheme you will need to register with us. You can do this by calling us not he number at the bottom of this page of filing out a registration form.
- We have a bank of volunteer drivers who use their own cars for these journeys. Please give us at least 5 working days’ notice before you’d like to travel, and we’ll do our best to arrange it. We can’t always guarantee a volunteer will be available so the more notice you give us, the better (up to 3 weeks in advance).
- If you’d like to bring an escort or have any special equipment such as a folding walking frame or wheelchair, please let us know when you book your journey.
- We’ll ask you for a contribution towards your driver’s fuel expenses and will confirm the charge for your journey when you book, so you know exactly how much you’ll need to pay.
- See what the service meant to two of our clients – Roy and Joyce
- We also provide trips and excursions – click here
- We also have regular drop ins in Market Harborough town centre. See Events for details
Contact VASL Car Scheme
Telephone 01858 468499
Address: VASL Car Scheme, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL
Office hours are 9.00am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday