VASL Car Scheme
Our VASL Car Scheme provides transport for elderly, disabled or rurally isolated people who can’t use, or have no access to public transport.
If you don’t have a car of your own or have difficulty using public transport, the scheme could help you get to places such as the health centre, dentist, hairdressers, hospital appointments, the leisure centre or somewhere you’d like to visit. To use the car scheme you will need to register with us. You can do this by calling us on 01858 468 499, by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out a registration form.
- We have a bank of volunteer drivers who use their own cars for these journeys. Please give us at least 5 working days’ notice before you’d like to travel, and we’ll do our best to arrange it. We can’t always guarantee a volunteer will be available so the more notice you give us, the better (up to 3 weeks in advance) and please note that we prioritising medical appointments as we don’t have as many volunteers as we did before the pandemic.
- If you’d like to bring an escort or have any special equipment such as a folding walking frame or wheelchair, please let us know when you book your journey.
- It is your choice whether you wear a mask.
- We’ll ask you for a contribution towards your driver’s fuel expenses and will confirm the charge for your journey when you book, so you know exactly how much you’ll need to pay.
- See what the service meant to one of our clients – Roy
- Our trips and excursions are happening again – details are here.
- Our regular drop ins in Market Harborough town centre are on hold for now. See Events for when we will return.
Contact VASL Car Scheme
Telephone 01858 468 499
Address: VASL Car Scheme, VASL, Torch House, Torch Way, Market Harborough, LE16 9HL
Office hours are 9.00am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday